ITR™ Certification ITRtraining.com
Do you have clients with extensive trauma history or clients that complain of dissociation? If you are seeking a quick and simple method to effectively treat clients who don’t seem to make any gains no matter what methods you use, you are going to really appreciate what we have to share with you.
Full Agency and Support Staff Training Available call 833-487-8537
The Instinctual Trauma Response™ is an evidence-supported method that has been used in hospitals and clinics for over 30 years. It was developed by Dr. Louis Tinnin (psychiatrist) and Dr. Linda Gantt (art therapist) a husband-wife team with a passion for helping people suffer from the effects of trauma. It consists of using the Graphic Narrative™ process and the Externalized Dialogue™ procedure.
The method is simple to use and effective in reducing or eliminating the troubling symptoms caused by trauma. It creates integration on every level: Consciousness, Vertical (Body), Horizontal (Right and Left Brain), Memory, Narrative, Parts/State, Relational and Temporal.
ITR gives structure and words to traumatic events that are otherwise fragments of memories without words. It is adaptable for different kinds of service delivery, can be used in groups, can be used with children 3 years old as well as adolescents, and adults, it does not require reliving and can be used with traumas of all kinds (especially preverbal ones). The application of the ITR can be used with displaced people or victims of human trafficking. We say “Treat the trauma first and see what’s left.” See results with your clients. Become an effective Certified Trauma Specialist.
ATC 101 Online Free
The Accelerated Traumatology 101 Online Course is 11 hours of ITR classroom video. This classroom material is used in the ITR 101 Hybrid course. No CEs for ATC 101 Online Free.
The trainees will learn from several different instructors including Dr. Linda Gantt (Founder of ITR method). The course covers the history of trauma and the Instinctual Trauma Response method, how the brain reacts to trauma, specific clinical methods that are effective in treating PTSD and dissociative disorders, and a foundation in art-informed therapy techniques that make the ITR effective.
The course will provide participants with the free use of the ITR web/app, giving them online experiential opportunities to learn how to apply the ITR method.
ITR 101 Hybrid Course
28.5 CE credits with NBCC and NASW
Learn how to resolve trauma symptoms quickly, simply and efficiently. Get certified in Instinctual Trauma Response™ . The learner is guided through the ITR, a duplicatable method, from prescreen to follow-up. Be able to do your own work and reduce compassion fatigue. Para-professionals invited. We do Agency customized trainings too.
This is part ATC 101 classroom videos and online group video conferencing with break out dyads. It is the second part of the Instinctual Trauma Response™ certification process. It provides opportunities for lerners to gain confidence in their skills, to demonstrate their understanding of key procedures and methods using Instinctual Trauma Response for trauma treatment, and to show their ability to apply those methods. It is an experiential course to observe live sessions as well as conduct them and to help learn how to deal with different populations and situations.
Participants will work with a Certified ITR Instructor and a group of active specialists doing the ITR method in different settings with various populations. These are interactive video calls with case studies presented by participants and then discussed by the group.
This, along with showing full understanding of the method, is the final requirement to be an ITR certified trauma therpist/specialist in the ITR method.
Help for Trauma App
- Work with your client in the office or remotely. Many people enjoy the digital option of doing the ITR method in whole or in part. If you feel a client is able, you can even work with them remotely. This is beneficial in many situations.
- If you or a client only use the method periodically, you have an easy step by step guide to doing the method.
- The app allows a client to keep adding to and changing their work as needed. It stores it on their own private account for future reference or continued therapy. Only the therapist has access to their account if it is set up by the therapist. A client can set up their own account if you prefer.
- You can have your client do homework to help speed up the process if you have limited time with them. This keeps them engaged and moving forward in between sessions.
- Your client can draw on the website/app and you can download the drawings and print if you prefer to do the re-presenation on a board and or shred the drawings physically.
- No video equipment needed. Use the website/app for the re-presentation. We have found many clients enjoy doing their own re-presentation and the website app helps to distance them even more.
- Clients love the video/text options for the externalized dialogue.
- Video externalized dialogue is very useful with clients who have DID.
- The Parts map is something that will always be a work in progress. You and your client will always be able to find it when the time comes to adjust it.
- The website or app can be connected to a larger monitor for group work to be seen better by all.
- The resources are easily accessible by you or your client.
“I studied under Dr. Louis Tinnin, a towering figure in the field of trauma research and treatment who has been described (by Bessel Van der Kolk) as “the greatest trauma mind of the 20th Century."
Many therapists have experienced great results using the ITR method in their practices. Here are some testimonials.
The ITR method is the most efficient, gentle and thorough therapeutic model and procedures, I have come across in training and in practice so far, to help integrate one’s trauma/stress history, and to help relieve one’s trauma- and stress-related consequences for the body, mind and relationships. It gives me, and people I work with, clarity and direction with therapeutic opportunities, goals and tools needed for a tangible therapeutic outcome in the shortest possible (or available) time, given one’s scope of trauma/stress history and life context. It helps save time until relief by introducing procedures – neurobiologically and clinically sounds, for each stage and aspect of trauma integration – that – for most people my colleagues and I work with – allow to safely process the most impactful and foundational trauma without delay. Wisdom, compassion and dignity best describe the inner workings of this model and practice.
It is an honor to work with the ITR method tools and witness clients be relieved from post-traumatic consequences and grow into their full potential. I am grateful to Dr. Linda Gantt and Dr. Louis Tinnin for their lifetime of work and their introduction to this approach.
Iryna Natalushko, MA, CTT, Art Therapist, Trauma Specialist, Fulbright Scholar
I love the ITR. I have been using it consistently in my full time work with treatment of children and adolescents with problematic sexual behaviors, and in my private practice. I urge other programs I work with to train their staff immediately in the ITR method. We will get the rest of our staff registered as fast as possible!
D Davis, 2017
There is no better method out there. This is the only one I will ever use. It’s the only one that has such powerful, lasting results and so quickly. It’s amazing and Dr Tinnin and Dr. Gantt are brilliant. Brain science has proven what they have been saying for years. I hope the rest of the field learns this. Our world will be a different place
Alexandria Zettler, 2017
Clients and therapists alike ask how they can help spread the word about the ITR method. If you are willing, please give us your testimony or send us a video to info@HelpForTrauma.com and we will post it! We love to hear all your stories. It is so inspiring to all of us working hard and sometimes alone in remote areas. Thanks for contributing.